Aston-Bleck Apartments offer transitional housing for women experiencing homelessness (ages 18-24) and their children.
Young families may stay at one of five apartments for up to twenty-four months or until the mother turns 24.
Each young woman receives comprehensive case management during and after her stay at the apartments. The goal of the program is to provide young women with safe place to practice independent living skills with the help of compassionate staff.
The program is designed to help young women who are interested in securing a healthy and stable future prepare to live successfully on their own by empowering them with new skills in the support of a community that includes:
- access to prenatal and early childhood care
- employment readiness training
- medical, mental health and treatment referrals
- behavioral health
Aston-Bleck apartments residents are encouraged to:
- attend work and/or school
- participate in weekly parenting training and/or independent living classes
- pay 30% of their income toward rent and utilities when income is available
- remain drug and alcohol free
- work toward individual goals with a case manager
We help them get set up on their own and continue to support them as they build their new lives.
We are currently in need of:
- Diapers (all sizes)
- Pull Ups
- Shampoo (all hair types)
- Conditioner (all hair types)
- Hair Accessories (hair ties, combs, gel, dry shampoo, hair spray)